Thursday, April 1, 2021

The Great Fifty Days (Trinitarian article)

 


Fr. Tony’s Letter to the Trinitarians

April 2021

The Great Fifty Days

 

Friends,

 

Easter Sunday marks the first of the Great Fifty Days of Easter, a feast and celebration of resurrection and life made new.  It is a time for joy and mutual sharing.  It is a time for looking on our lives with new eyes. 

 

I am thankful that we have been able to cautiously and carefully begin to meet again in person for worship, and share the Holy Eucharist.   I pray we may continue, and make our worship, as the risk from the pandemic is controlled, to more and more closeness and higher numbers in our gatherings even as we continue to live-stream for those who must remain at home.  

 

Here is a poem that I think expresses well my feelings. 

 

The Vast Ocean Begins Just Outside Our Church: The Eucharist
By Mary Oliver

 

Something has happened
to the bread
and the wine.

They have been blessed.
What now?
The body leans forward

to receive the gift
from the priest’s hand,
then the chalice.

They are something else now
from what they were
before this began.

I want
to see Jesus
maybe in the clouds

or on the shore,
just walking,
beautiful man

and clearly
someone else
besides.

On the hard days
I ask myself
if I ever will.

Also there are times
my body whispers to me
that I have.

 

Grace and Peace,

Fr. Tony+

No comments:

Post a Comment